- pictures from home.
- amazingly beautiful images of Larry Sultans parents, once his father had moved into retirement. project that spanned a decade.
Taryn Simon - post 2005 Tsunami - photos + additional small interviews
MAISARA - Just outside Banda Aceh. She had led a comfortable life with her husband and three daughters. She was rescued by a Javanese policeman
JALOE - In the Aceh River. He survived by turning his boat into the waves, as his grandfather taught him to do many years before.
- new topographic style
- documentation of subdivision under the surface
- DESCRIPTIVE + DECORATIVE
Border film project
- photos from migrants + minutemen on the US/Mexico border.
- Juxtapositions - people trying to go in/people trying to stop them.
- disposable cameras were given to both parties to take photos as they do what they do.
GOOD PHOTOGRAPHS ARE ABOUT SOMETHING - sense of conveying information